- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tell us what you really think, Daily News.
The famously forthright New York daily newspaper chalked up another viral front cover on Tuesday that squarely blamed the Oscar debacle on PriceWaterhouseCoopers accountant Brian Cullinan. In a none-too-subtle splash, the Daily News has a picture of Cullinan along with the words “and the loser is….” Inside, the lead story doesn’t pull any punches either, with the withering opening line, “Don’t let this guy do your taxes.”
— New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) February 28, 2017
The Daily News pile-on is just one of many pieces written in the last 48 hours that have taken PwC to task, with many wondering what the reputational damage to the firm will be. To mangle a phrase from the New York Times TV ad aired during the Oscars, the truth is going to be hard for PwC and Cullinan to accept, that yes, they were chiefly responsible for the greatest screwup in the history of the Academy Awards and what’s sure to be a worthy contender for any “top 10 moments when live TV goes wrong” lists in the future.
Tuesday’s front page follows another Daily News special from Monday that played delightfully on the “You had one job!” meme.
— New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) February 27, 2017
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day