- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The long goodbye for The Office just got even longer. The outgoing NBC comedy, which had one-hour installments set for its final three airings, is further extending its series finale.
NBC announced Tuesday that the May 16 episode will run 75 minutes (with commercials), airing between 9 and 10:15 p.m. Few other details have been released about the episode, aside from the following description: “Months after the airing of the documentary, the workers of Dunder Mifflin, past and present, gather for a wedding and a final round of interviews. Mysteries are solved, hatchets are buried, pranks are prunked.”
Returning cast members include Mindy Kaling and B.J. Novak — and while the possible inclusion of past star Steve Carell has long been refuted by the actor and showrunner Greg Daniels, Carell’s weekend appearance at an Office finale party in Scranton, Penn., has revived speculation of a cameo.
Other guests include Rachael Harris, Dakota Johnson, Joan Cusack, Ed Begley Jr., Malcolm Barrett, Matt Jones, Andy Buckley, Mike Schur and Bobby Ray Shafer.
Hannibal will see no preemption because of the scheduling change. The drama will air between 10:15 and 11 p.m. with limited commercial interruption.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day