- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ellie Kemper picked a special to person to share the news of her engagement to writer Michael Koman with: his former boss.
The Office actress appeared on Conan O’Brien‘s late-night show Wednesday and showed off her new bling. O’Brien then showed a picture of Koman, who is a former writer for the host’s NBC show, Late Night with Conan O’Brien, in a hot dog suit.
“He’s a really good guy,” said O’Brien of Koman, who is the co-creator of Adult Swim series Eagleheart.
And while Kemper said her man is adored by most of her family, she did tell a story about her grandfather grilling Koman during Thanksgiving, and telling her to “Keep her options open,” while making a pecan Vs. pumpkin pie reference.
“My grandpa said, ‘Ellie, what kind of pie are you gonna have?’ and I said, ‘I don’t know, grandpa. They both look really good. I think I’ll have pecan,'” she relayed. “He said, ‘Are you sure, Ellie, because it’s okay to keep your options open. You don’t have to settle on a pie right now.’
“He was like, ‘Who knows what other pies might present themselves?'”
Watch her announcement below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day