- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s official: Chord Overstreet will reprise his role as Sam Evans in Glee for a multi-episode arc this December, Fox confirmed Monday. The Hollywood Reporter confirmed he was in talks to return to the show last week.
“We love Chord and have always said that we wanted him back,” says Ryan Murphy in a statement. “So here’s an early Christmas present for all the Gleeks—Sam is coming back to McKinley, and just in time for sectionals!”
PHOTOS: ‘Glee’ Season 3 Back to School Pictures Released
“I had the best time on Glee and couldn’t be more excited to be returning,” Overstreet added.
The actor parted ways with the series last season after seeing co-stars Darren Criss (Blaine) and Harry Shum Jr. (Mike) promoted to series regulars. On the show, his character moved out of state after his father lost his job.
The show returns to Fox with new episodes beginning Nov. 1 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
Glee is produced by Ryan Murphy Television in association with 20th Century Fox Television. Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan are co-creators of the series. Murphy, Falchuk, Brennan and Dante Di Loreto serve as executive producers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day