- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Marvel made the announcement Tuesday, confirming that the actor will reprise his role as Howard Stark from Captain America: The First Avenger. Cooper reprised the character in a cameo in Marvel’s Agent Carter one-shot, which served as the origin story for what would become ABC’sAgents of SHIELD bridge show.
Photos: Faces of Fall 2014
Based on the one-shot on the Iron Man 3 DVD, the drama, from showrunners Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas (Resurrection), stars Hayley Atwell and takes place a year after the events of Captain America: The First Avenger. It follows Steve Rogers’ (Chris Evans) girlfriend Agent Carter (Atwell) as she builds her career as a secret agent while the hero is frozen in ice. Chad Michael Murray, Enver Gjokaj, JamesD’Arcy andShea Whigham co-star in the series produced by ABC Studios and Marvel Television. A premiere date has not yet been set for Agent Carter, though it will fill the gap between the first and second half of Agents of SHIELD‘s sophomore run during the winter.
Cooper’s credits include Fleming, Need for Speed and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. He’s repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day