- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
James Caan is set to return to the small screen.
The Godfather actor has been cast in the role of Terry Sr. in ABC’s Untitled Cullen Brothers comedy pilot. The single camera entry centers on Terry Gannon, a recently divorced single mother who temporarily moves in with her estranged father, a beer-swilling former baseball player. In doing so, she reluctantly starts coaching her son’s underdog little league team and is drawn back into the world of sports she vowed to leave behind.
The move will prove a reunion for Caan and writers Mark and Robb Cullen, who teamed on NBC’s long-running Las Vegas. Aaron Kaplan is attached as an EP on the ABC effort, which is set up at 20th Century Fox TV.
Caan, who recently guested on Starz’s Magic City and CBS’s Hawaii Five-0, is repped by CAA and Bloom Hergott.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Last of Us