- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Production begins next Wednesday in Chicago on the original eight-episode series from Starz and Lionsgate, with Van Sant making his TV directorial debut. The show centers on the Machiavellian machinations of a fictional Chicago mayor Tom Kane (Grammer) who has a dark secret.
The rest of the cast is as follows: Connie Nielsen (Gladiator) will play Tom’s wife Meredith, Jeff Hephner (Hellcats) has been tapped as ambitious young politician Alex Zajac, Hannah Ware (Cop Out) has landed the role of Kanes’ estranged daughter Emma and Kathleen Robertson (Hollywoodland) will be Tom’s organized aide Kitty O’Neil.
Boss, created by Apocalypto’s Farhad Safinia, will be executive produced by Grammer, Safinia, Van Sant (who may direct more episodes), Brian Sher, Stella Stolper, Richard Levine and Lyn Greene.
The series will debut in October.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day