- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
U.K. broadcaster ITV will now air a special retrospective Olivier Awards program on April 5, the night the awards were originally set to take place. Jason Manford, who was to host the ceremony, will now host the TV special instead.
“Amid unprecedentedly difficult times for our theater community, we look forward to providing audiences with a unique celebration of the last ten years of incredible, world-leading British theater honored at the Olivier Awards, in anticipation of a separate ceremony for this year’s winners in the autumn,” Olivier Awards executive producer Julian Bird said Thursday in a statement.
The special, titled Olivier Awards — Greatest Moments, will look back over 10 years of ceremonies, showing clips of performances and speeches, while also celebrating many Olivier Award-winning productions, including Dreamgirls, Hamilton, The Book of Mormon, The Lion King and Matilda.
In canceling the awards earlier this month, organizers said they were “working through plans on how to properly honor and announce this year’s winners,” adding that they would release further information soon.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day