- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Once Upon a Time is adding a touch of royalty.
The ABC fantasy drama has cast Merida’s (Amy Manson) parents, King Fergus and Queen Elinor, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Fergus will be played by Sons of Anarchy and Scorpion vet Glenn Keogh. Elinor will be played by Caroline Morahan (Doctor Who). The characters were voiced by Billy Connolly and Emma Thompson, respectively, in the 2012 Pixar film Brave, from which Merida originates.
The duo will be introduced to the Once Upon a Time world on Nov. 15. In the special two-hour episode, Merida teams up with Ruby (Meghan Ory) and Mulan (Jamie Chung) for an adventure.
It’s unclear in what capacity the king and queen will be introduced; Once Upon a Time‘s Merida has said her father died. But the series is also no stranger to using flashbacks and other magical devices to showcase dead characters.
Keogh is repped by JLA Talent Agency and Entertainment Lab. Morahan is repped by Macfarlane Chard and Kind Management.
Once Upon a Time airs Sundays at 8 p.m. on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Last Week Tonight With John Oliver
The Flight Attendant