- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC’s Once Upon a Time is setting up quite a remix for the back half of season four.
The fairy tale drama has tapped Ernie Hudson to play King Poseidon, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The character will appear in the 15th episode of season four and serve as the father to Ursula (Merrin Dungey). Continuing its Queens of Darkness arc, Hudson will also be joined by JoAnna Garcia Swisher, who will reprise her role of Ariel, creating a remix of the 101 Dalmatians and The Little Mermaid tales.
“The Queens of Darkness are very much from the Once mythology,” exec producer Eddy Kitsis told THR after the midseason finale. “So, this is our take on Cruella. This is our take on Ursula. And, of course, this was our take on Maleficent, whom we had already set up.”
Hudson, whose credits include The Secret Life of the American Teen and Oz, joins a growing cast that will also feature the return of Eion Bailey, who will reprise his role as August/Pinocchio.
OUAT returns March 1 on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day