- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Once Upon a Time is going to the dark side.
In the eighth episode, expected to air mid-November, Manson will make his Once Upon a Time debut voicing the character of The Shadow, who has already been seen this season. (The Shadow first appeared at the end of season two.)
“We’ve always been enormous fans of Marilyn Manson,” creators/executive producers Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz told Rolling Stone, who first broke the news, in a joint statement. “We wanted to cast someone with the vocal ability to make our skin crawl.”
This season, the motley crew of Emma (Jennifer Morrison), Regina (Lana Parrilla), Captain Hook (Colin O’Donoghue), Snow (Ginnifer Goodwin) and Charming (Josh Dallas) have been thrust into the dark world of Neverland, with the mission to save Henry (Jared Gilmore) from the villainous Peter Pan (Robbie Kay) and the Lost Boys.
Season three has seen a slew of recurring players appear on the small screen, including Jamie Chung, Sean Maguire, Rose McIver, Julian Morris, Sarah Bolger and the upcoming appearance of Joanna Garcia.
The CAA-repped Manson appeared as himself on Showtime’s Californication and starred in Sundance title Wrong Cops. His most recent album, Born Villain, was released in 2012.
Once Upon a Time airs Sundays at 8 p.m. on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day