- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
USA Network’s Necessary Roughness has added a wing man for John Stamos.
Once Upon a Time alum David Anders has booked a major arc on the third season of the cable network’s drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Anders, whose credits also include The Vampire Diaries, 24, Heroes and Alias, will play Troy Cutler, the second-in-command to Stamos’ Connor McClane at V3, the world’s top sports and talent agency. Having sacrificed his personal life for his career, Troy is most satisfied when getting his hands dirty for the company — something that doesn’t sit well with Callie Thorne‘s Dani.
Stamos was cast last week for a seasonlong guest arc as McClane, the founder of V3 who has the ability to recognize talent and nurture greatness. Connor will do anything to have Dani join V3 after seeing her success with the New York Hawks.
Created by Liz Kruger and Craig Shapiro, Necessary Roughness follows a Long Island divorcee who works as a therapist for a pro football team. Mehcad Brooks, Scott Cohen and Marc Blucas co-star in the Sony TV production. Kevin Dowling serves as an executive producer with Kruger and Shapiro.
The 10-episode season three will debut this summer.
Anders is repped by SMS Talent and Liberman-Zerman Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day