- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Once Upon a Time is adding to its arsenal of fairy tale characters.
The Hangover Part II star Jamie Chung has been cast in a recurring role for the ABC fantasy drama’s second season, The Hollywood Reporter confirms. Her role? The Chinese warrior Mulan.
Disney adapted Mulan’s story into a big-screen animated musical in 1998 with ER alum Ming-Na voicing the title character. In the film, Mulan secretly fights in the army in her father’s place to save him from death.
The legend of Mulan began in an ancient Chinese poem titled “The Ballad of Mulan.”
Chung recently starred in Sucker Punch, Eden and will appear in Knife Fight, 7500 and The Man With the Iron Fists.
Once Upon a Time will appear at Comic-Con on Saturday, July 14 at 11 a.m. with exec producers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz and cast members Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas, Lana Parilla, Meghan Ory and Emilie de Ravin.
EW first reported the news.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day