- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
We’ve known all along that Oprah is a real-life witch (the good kind, obvs). After all, no one gives away free cars with quite the same finesse. But thanks to Harper’s Bazaar‘s new “Icons” photo shoot, styled by Carine Roitfeld and shot by Jean-Paul Goude, we’re finally getting a puffy-pink visual of the beloved car-giver as her self-proclaimed “she-ro,” Glinda the Good Witch. And it’s glorious.
From the excessive pink tulle to Oprah’s gleeful face, there’s just so much to love. Even Toto’s guest appearance makes our hearts sing.
“The Wizard of Oz is one of my favorite spiritual tales, and Glinda is a spiritual goddess,” said Winfrey of the character she embodied for the spread. “I love when she says to Dorothy, ‘You’ve always had the power.’ That is the message for all of us: You’re born with it, you always have it. It doesn’t matter how many yellow-brick roads you go down, it’s always right there, in your heart.” Awww.
Mariah Carey as Marie Antoinette, Jessica Chastain as Joan of Arc and Willow Smith as the six-armed goddess Kali are just a few more of the faces featured in the fantasy spread.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day