- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Don’t expect Oprah to go down market on her network OWN, launching in January.
In a speech at Maria Shriver‘s Women’s Conference, she said her cable net will be “fun and entertaining without tearing people down and calling them bitches. Imagine that. Imagine.”
Oprah also said she was destined to launch her own network.
“Growing up, I could never find my name on any of those license plates or lunch boxes,” she said. “Now, I know what it was for — to start my own network. A whole network, a whole channel that we’re designing to carry the Oprah Winfrey message.” PHOTOS: See who attended the Women’s Conference.
But Winfrey, who was sued for plagiarism Tuesday, knows it’ll be bumpy at first.
“I know that as I start out on this next chapter, there’s going to be some mistakes. I know there’s going to be some stumbles. I know I’m a work in process and progress. I know nothing new is perfect, but I’m not scared. I’m not afraid.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Last of Us