- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Known for surprising her fans with cars and trips on her talk show, Oprah Winfrey kept up with tradition by gifting one of her Twitter followers with the gown she wore on the cover of Essence magazine’s March issue.
VIDEO: Hollywood Reporter’s Women Breakfast: Oprah Winfrey, Maria Shriver, Sherry Lansing Bring Star-Packed Room to Tears
How did that lucky fan, named Brandi on Twitter, score the Brian Rennie for Basler gown worn by the former talk show host? Just by asking Oprah. She wrote on Twitter, “You look beautiful in that essence cover pic. Wow. Can I please have that dress? Cuz I know u won’t wear again lol luv u.”
Oprah responded: “You’re right I won’t wear ever again contact my asst. and show her this tweet.”
@snobaby28 you’re right I won’t wear ever again contact my asst. and show her this tweet.
— Oprah Winfrey (@Oprah) February 15, 2014
After a week of contacting Oprah, the dress now belongs to the Atlanta-based resident.
@Oprah THANK YOU! Recv beautiful dress. Plan to wear at my wedding when I find a groom lol but will twt pic wearing it soon. Luv u to life!
— snobaby brandi (@snobaby28) February 21, 2014
— snobaby brandi (@snobaby28) March 6, 2014
Oh, Oprah, you always know how to win our hearts.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day