- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Is there anything Oprah Winfrey can’t do?
The daytime queen has just gotten a woman out of jury duty — sort of.
In Chicago, prosecutors and defense attorneys are polling prospective jurors in the Rod Blagojevich retrial.
But a woman known as Juror 137 complained about having tickets to see one of the final tapings of The Oprah Winfrey Show, which ends its 25-year run May 25.
After attorneys agreed, the judge in the case dismissed her, the Chicago Tribune reported.
For his part, Blagojevich said he was jealous that she didn’t have to be at the trial.
Blagojevich — who competed on last year’s Celebrity Apprentice — is being retried over allegations that he tried to sell or trade President Obama’s former U.S. Senate seat for campaign donations or even another job. His first trial ended with a hung jury.
Opening statements are set for Monday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day