- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Aug. 2 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Interscope chair Jimmy Iovine and rapper-producer Dr. Dre each pledged $35 million in May to USC to establish the Jimmy Iovine and Andre Young Academy for Arts, Technology and the Business of Innovation.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences will name the theater in its new movie museum after David Geffen, whose April gift is the campaign’s largest to date.
Oprah Winfrey‘s Smithsonian Institution pledge in June will help build its new National Museum of African American History and Culture.
Thanks to his January gift, Viacom chair Sumner Redstone will see his name grace the production building of USC’s School of Cinematic Arts.
The Walking Dead executive producer and AMPAS governor Gale Anne Hurd will fund the Academy Museum’s demonstration stage, it was announced July 22, which will be named after her.
Source: The Chronicle of Philanthropy; Donations to Date
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day