- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In an interview airing on OWN’s Oprah Prime on July 17, Matthew tells Winfrey that Jerry began molesting him when he was ten years old. “You thought you were the only one,” Winfrey says to Matthew.
At the time of his adopted father’s 2012 trial, Matthew released a statement through his attorneys saying that Jerry had molested him. Jerry was convicted of 45 charges of sexual abuse of young boys and was sentenced to 30 to 60 years in prison. Matthew was not one of the ten boys whom Jerry was convicted of abusing, although Matthew did receive a financial settlement from Penn State and a third-party law firm.
“At bedtime, his ritual began,” Matthew tells Winfrey. In the interview, Matthew responds to his adopted mother Dottie Sandusky‘s accusations that he lied about being abused by Jerry. Matthew also discusses the foundation he started to help abuse victims.
The Oprah Prime interview airs on July 17 at 9 p.m. on OWN.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day