- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The pickups include Lovetown, USA, Lives on Fire and Are You Normal, America?
“Each of our new shows is right on brand and aligned with Oprah’s intention to bring our audience meaningful, entertaining programming,” OWN president Sheri Salata said in a statement.
Lovetown, USA follows two matchmakers and eight singles as they try to partner off in their small Georgia town. Residents of the city are in on the “social experiment,” which comes from BBC Worldwide Productions.
Lives on Fire, also from BBC Worldwide, documents the lives and work of four women navigating the intense pressures of emergency response in California.
The third series, a game show, attempts to explain, by example, how common odd behaviors are among Americans. Are You Normal, America? culls responses from polling, a “jury” of audience members and man-on-the-street interviews. It comes from Harpo Studios and Zoo Productions.
OWN, on the air since Jan. 1, 2011, recently hit record ratings with the second episode of Oprah’s Next Chapter.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day