- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
To launch her own book imprint, Oprah Winfrey is releasing her first cookbook.
Winfrey’s Food, Health and Happiness: ‘On Point’ Recipes for Great Meals and a Better Life is scheduled to come out Jan. 3 of next year, Flatiron Books told the Associated Press on Wednesday. Winfrey’s imprint, currently unnamed, is part of Flatiron, a division of MacMillan U.S.
“In the past several months on Weight Watchers, I have worked with wonderful chefs to make healthier versions of my favorite meals,” Winfrey said in a statement. “When people come to my house for lunch or dinner, the number one thing they ask is, ‘How is this so delicious and still healthy?’ So I decided to answer that question with recipes everyone can enjoy.”
Winfrey isn’t entirely new to the cookbook world. Her personal chef, Rosie Daley, published In the Kitchen with Rosie: Oprah’s Favorite Recipes in 1994. Winfrey contributed an introduction to The Oprah Magazine Cookbook, which came out in 2008.
In announcing the imprint last year, Winfrey had planned to start with a memoir, The Life You Want. That book has been postponed to an undetermined date, according to Flatiron. The imprint is expected to release several nonfiction works per year, all selected by Winfrey.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day