- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Is there anything Oprah Winfrey can’t do?
The daytime queen has now forced the Chicago Bulls and Miami Heat to reschedule the first game of the Eastern Conference Finals, ESPN Radio reported.
The game was supposed to take place Tuesday in Chicago’s United Center, but Winfrey is taping one of her last shows in the arena.
So now the Heat will meet the Bulls on Sunday.
TNT’s studio commentator Charles Barkley told ESPN Radio how he found out about the rescheduling.
“We just got the e-mail saying we were supposed to start next Tuesday, but Oprah has it then,” he said. “So they said, well let’s do it Monday. Oprah is having one of her last shows, so she’s got the United Center locked up. They’re going to set up Monday and tape her show Tuesday. So they just sent out an e-mail and said prepare to go to Chicago and start Game 1 Sunday afternoon. They’re going to move it up three days, for Oprah.”
The double taping of The Oprah Winfrey Show at the United Center will air May 23-24, and the final episode airs May 25.
On Wednesday, Chicago Mayor Richard Daley honored Winfrey by naming a block in front of her Harpo Studios “Oprah Winfrey Way.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day