- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oprah Winfrey‘s OWN Network, which launched New Year’s Day at 12 p.m. ET/PT, cumulatively drew 18.5 million viewers for its premiere week ending Jan. 7, according to final ratings.
From Jan. 1-9, OWN was No. 25 in primetime (8-11 p.m.) among cable networks and averaged 505,000 viewers with a 0.55 household rating, up 49% from the Discovery Health channel, which the network replaced. Among women 25-54, OWN had a 0.41 rating, up 58% from Discovery Health.
For total day, OWN ranked No. 28 for the week, with an average of 239,000 viewers.
Here are some episode-specific numbers from Jan. 1-9:
- Saturday, Jan. 1’s Season 25: Oprah Behind the Scenes; 1.2 million
- Wednesday’s Mystery Diagnosis; 427,000 viewers
- Wednesday’s Miracle Detectives; 315,000 viewers
- Friday’s Your OWN Show: Oprah’s Search for the Next TV Star; 658,000 viewers
- Sunday’s Ask Oprah’s All-Stars; 538,000 viewers
- Sunday’s Oprah Presents Master Class (Jay-Z); 266,000 viewers (down significantly from Diane Sawyer’s episode on Jan. 2; 602,000 viewers)
OWN is available in 67% of U.S. homes and 80% cable homes.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day