- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oprah Winfrey wants to stamp her powerful name on a line of organic products.
A representative for the media mogul confirms a report in Monday’s edition of The New York Post that Winfrey has filed applications with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Organization to trademark “Oprah’s Organics,” “Oprah’s Farm” and “Oprah’s Harvest.”
“The trademarks were filed for Oprah’s farm on Maui to enable the farm to grow and distribute produce on Maui and throughout the Hawaiian Islands,” publicist Nicole Nichols tells The Hollywood Reporter.
PHOTOS: Hollywood’s Top Earners
Winfrey’s property in Hawaii also includes a bed and breakfast. According to the Post, here are some of the products she aims to release: salad dressings (organic, of course); soups; beverages; frozen veggies, and dips. Also: hair products, massage oils and bath soaps.
Although her earnings fell by a whopping $125 million last year, Winfrey still topped Forbes’ recent list of highest-paid celebrities for a fourth consecutive year. The TV icon, whose network OWN is steadily rebounding from its troubled launch (and less-than-stellar ratings), earned an estimated $165 million between May 2011 and May 2012, down from $290 million a year earlier.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day