- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Netflix famously doesn’t release ratings information, even for what it claims is its most watched original series: Orange Is the New Black.
“They say things like, ‘We’re very pleased,’ ” she says. The newspaper adds that Kohan first found the ratings blackout disconcerting, but now she enjoys not knowing.
“I’m finding the dark very restful and easy on the eyes,” she tells the Times.
Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos previously said that even House of Cards executive producer David Fincher doesn’t know exactly how many people are watching his series.
As for the phenomenon of binge-watching, which Netflix helped popularize, Kohan’s a bit more ambivalent about that.
“I miss [TV-show-watching] being a shared experience in real time,” she says. “But it’s something else, and I have to embrace that.”
Renewed for a second season, Orange Is the New Black is set to return to Netflix in 2014.
are pretty infinitesimal.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day