- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The three major networks CBS, NBC and ABC did not break into their regularly scheduled programming to cover the bombing in Oslo, Norway Friday.
At least two people were killed when the bomb went off in the Norwegian capital near government headquarters and the prime minister’s office. At least 15 people were injured. Most of the windows were shattered in the 20-story building, the Associated Press reports.
Police spotted a charred and wrecked car close to the blast site, several news agencies reported.
Prime minister Jens Stoltenberg was working from home and uninjured, his spokesperson said.
A man dressed as a police offer also opened fire at a youth camp in Utoya, a town just outside Oslo on Friday. Oslo police chief Anstein Gjengdal said that anti-terror police officers will investigate the scene.
Police also locked down the offices of TV 2, where a suspicious package was discovered.
“So far, police cannot say anything about the scope of the damage, aside from that there’s been one or several explosions,” a police statement read.
– The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day