- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Starz has set a launch date for the anticipated epic drama Outlander.
Based on the popular Diana Gabaldon book series, Outlander hits TV screens on Saturday, Aug. 9, at 9 p.m. ET/PT. The 16-episode series from executive producer Ron Moore (Battlestar Galactica) is currently in production in Scotland.
Additionally, the premium cable network has unveiled its first official poster, with the tagline “What if your future was the past?” embracing the central love triangle that finds Claire (Caitriona Balfe) caught between her husband, Frank Randall (Tobias Menzies), and the warrior Jamie Fraser (Sam Heughan).
Outlander revolves around Jamie, who ignites a passionate affair with Claire, a married combat nurse from 1945 who is mysteriously swept back in time to 1743 and thrown into an unknown world where her life is threatened. Claire is pulled between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.
The news comes nearly a week after Starz released a new trailer detailing Claire’s time-traveling dilemma.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day