- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
OWN is snatching up T.D. Jakes.
The Oprah Winfrey Network has acquired the rights to air the hourlong syndicated talk show hosted by the pastor from TEGNA Media and T.D. Jakes Enterprises.
Seventy affiliates will premiere the show locally on Sept. 12, followed by OWN’s launch of the show on Sept. 19. The cabler will air the talker Monday through Friday at 6 p.m. ET/PT.
Produced by 44Blue Productions, EnLight Productions and T.D. Jakes Enterprises, the series is currently filming in Los Angeles with Ianthe Jones serving as showrunner.
“Oprah and OWN have a wonderful, long-running relationship with Bishop Jakes,” OWN president Erik Logan said Tuesday in a statement. “We are thrilled to welcome his new talk show and unique, inspirational voice to the OWN family.”
Said Jakes: “Oprah Winfrey is an icon and a business mogul who has become a national treasure impacting our nation with her creativity. I consider her a personal friend and I’m honored to have her support of my new show.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day