- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – John MacDonald, the former COO of Oprah Winfrey’s struggling OWN TV network, has landed a job as the new TV head at Canadian broadcaster Corus Entertainment.
MacDonald, who left OWN earlier this year, becomes vp of television, head of programming and production at Toronto-based Corus from Oct. 15.
He fills a post left empty with the promotion of Maria Hale to vp of TV, head of digital and content distribution.
MacDonald, an MTV Networks programming veteran, joined Winfrey’s cable network in 2010, overseeing program planning and digital strategy, among other duties.
While at OWN, MacDonald worked with Corus on the Canadian launch of OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network north of the border.
MacDonald will oversee TV programming for Corus, including content production, acquisitions and scheduling across its specialty and pay channels, which includes W, ABC Spark and Movie Central, which has supply deals with HBO and Showtime Networks.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Fien Print