- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Oprah Winfrey Network is remembering the 70th anniversary of the Holocaust.
OWN will air an encore presentation of a 2006 episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show at 10 p.m. ET/PT this Friday, Jan. 30, in commemoration of the anniversary of the concentration camp liberation in Auschwitz, Poland.
In the episode, Oprah Winfrey and Nobel laureate, New York Times bestselling author and Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel travel to Auschwitz and discuss the relevance of the genocide today.
See more The Resurgence of Oprah Winfrey
“A Special Presentation: Oprah and Elie Wiesel At Auschwitz Death Camp” takes place nearly 61 years after Wiesel left the concentration camp. He returned to the area to see what remains, to contemplate what it means to be a returning survivor and to determine how he and other activists can keep the memory of the Holocaust alive.
Wiesel was only 15 years old when he and his entire family were sent to Auschwitz during the Holocaust, which took the lives of more than six million Jews.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day