- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In an interesting strategic move, OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network’s premieres for The Rosie Show and Oprah’s Lifeclass will not only air on OWN, but on four other networks.
The shows, which premiere on Monday, October 10, will be simulcast across five Discovery Communications networks, including OWN, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Discovery Fit & Health and Planet Green. The Rosie Show will air at 7:00 p.m. ET and Oprah’s Lifeclass at 8:00 p.m. ET.
The Rosie Show is a daily talk show that will cover current events, and will host human interest guests, games, live performances, along with a behind-the-scenes look at Rosie O’Donnell’s life. Her first guest will be Russell Brand.
Oprah Winfrey will take on a teaching role with Oprah’s Lifeclass, a series in which she will teach the lessons, revelations, and classic “aha moments” she has learned over the 25 years of her talk show career.
Winfrey’s OWN has been trying to find its footing since its launch in January. While OWN premiered to strong ratings, the quickly fell and have failed to meet expectations amid ballooning programming costs. Winfrey has recently admitted she would have handled the launch differently in retrospect.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day