- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
OWN and TLC have acquired the rerun rights for CBS hit reality show Undercover Boss.
Boss will join TLC’s schedule Mondays at 8 p.m. beginning July 25. It will air on both networks in fall 2012. OWN and TLC are both part of Discovery Communications.
The joint announcement came Monday.
“Undercover Boss is a great addition to OWN’s fall lineup,” OWN senior vp Scott Garnersaid said in a statement. “The self-contained episodes will serve as strong anchors to complement OWN original programming.”
The Emmy-nominated Boss averaged 17 million viewers in its first season to become the most-watched new series on television that year. The show bowed after CBS’ broadcast of the Super Bowl, which juiced its season one average. In its second season, Boss averaged a still healthy 12 million viewers.
Scott Koondel, president of distribution at CBS Television Distribution, added: “We think our sale of Undercover Boss creates a great partnership between OWN, TLC and CTD. Undercover Boss is a perfect fit for OWN and TLC as it focuses on improving lives, which very much reflects both networks’ missions. We are excited that their viewers will have the chance to see this exceptional show.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day