- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jill Dickerson is on the rise at OWN.
She has been promoted to senior vice president programming and development at the cable network, it was announced Friday.
In her new role, Dickerson will continue to work with producers to develop nonfiction programming for OWN, and also supervise editorial management of outside production.
“We are thrilled to announce Jill Dickerson’s move up to the next level in her career as she has been integral to OWN’s success,” said OWN president Sheri Salata. “Jill is an exceptional team player and a seasoned pro who brings a wealth of experience in non-scripted television to our programming efforts.”
Dickerson first joined OWN in 2009 as vp programming and development and is behind network hits including Welcome to Sweetie Pie’s, Flex & Shanice and Deion’s Family Playbook. She is currently overseeing Holly Robinson Peete‘s new series For Peete’s Sake, as well as the recently announced primetime talk show featuring Rev Run and Tyrese Gibson.
Before moving to OWN, Dickerson was series producer for TLC’s Miami Ink, supervising producer on VH1’s My Fair Brady and co-executive producer on Venus & Serena: For Real. Her other credits include The Real World, The Bachelorette, Big Brother and Making the Band.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day