- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Apple TV+ has released first-look images to its upcoming series Pachinko, which will premiere worldwide March 25 with the first three episodes. Subsequent installments of the eight-episode series will drop every Friday through April 29.
Pachinko, based on Min Jin Lee’s best-selling novel of the same name, is the first major trilingual U.S. series. Told in Korean, Japanese and English, the sprawling epic follows a single Korean family as it survives and persists from pre-World War II Japanese occupation through the 1980s financial boom in the U.S. and Japan.
The show will be the first project out of former WME partner Theresa Kang-Lowe’s Blue Marble Pictures, and it stars Oscar-winner Youn Yuh-jung (Minari), Korean superstar Lee Min-ho and Broadway veteran Jin Ha, who also starred in FX on Hulu’s Devs and HBO Max’s Love Life.
Soo Hugh (The Terror, Apple’s See) has adapted the novel, which was a National Book Award finalist in 2017, and serves as showrunner. Hugh and Kang-Lowe are both executive producers alongside Media Res’ Michael Ellenberg and Lindsey Springer and directors Kogonada and Justin Chon, who helmed four episodes each.
See five first-look photos from Apple TV+’s Pachinko below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day