- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
PaleyFest has unveiled two more television shows that will take part in next year’s 30th annual celebration and announced the first recipient for the new Icon Award.
FX’s American Horror Story: Asylum and NBC’s The New Normal have been added to the festival slate, which already includes Once Upon a Time, Revolution and The Newsroom.
Additionally, Horror Story and New Normal executive producer Ryan Murphy will receive PaleyFest’s first Icon Award. He will be feted at an event slated for Feb. 27, 2013, which will kick off the festival. PaleyFest takes place at the Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills from March 1-15.
“Ryan Murphy is a true innovator and one of the most original creators working in television today,” said Pat Mitchell, president and CEO of The Paley Center for Media. “Each of his series has been a game changer in the medium, and continues to inform the cultural conversation. We can’t imagine a more fitting PaleyFest Icon for the Festival’s 30th anniversary.”
The full PaleyFest lineup will be revealed Jan. 9.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day