- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The writer-producer-director will be honored at a March 10 event hosted by Paley Center for Media president and CEO Pat Mitchell at the Paley Center in Beverly Hills, which will serve as the 31st annual PaleyFest’s kickoff.
“With events showcasing The Ben Stiller Show, The Larry Sanders Show, Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared, the Paley Center has enjoyed a long and fantastic history with Judd Apatow, who currently reigns as one of the most sought-after innovators in all media,” said Mitchell in the announcement. “We look forward to honoring him as our 2014 PaleyFest Icon, and to acknowledging his incredible collective body of work, including the current blockbuster Girls.”
Apatow‘s Freaks and Geeks and Undeclared were honored as part of PaleyFest in 2011.
This marks the second year the PaleyFest Icon Award has been given out, following last year’s honoree Ryan Murphy.
PaleyFest takes place March 13-28 at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland, honoring Lost’s 10th anniversary, Veronica Mars, Orange Is the New Black, How I Met Your Mother, Pretty Little Liars, Parks and Recreation, Sleepy Hollow, Mad Men, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, Masters of Sex, The Mindy Project, Community, Veep and American Horror Story: Coven.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day