- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“What’s going on with this guy? That’s the thing that’s so great to explore. That gives me goosebumps, and it’s interesting,” Pamela Adlon, star and creator of Better Things, said The Hollywood Reporter during the Comedy Actress Roundtable in regard to a difficult scene she made last season.
Adlon’s character has dinner with her ex-husband, who tells her he will be less available to see their two girls. “My note from the network was, ‘We don’t want to stay with him, because we’re feeling a little bit of empathy for him. We want to leave with you.’ And I said, ‘No, I’m interested in him sitting there in the fart that we just made in this restaurant.'”
Adlon went on to share her most embarrassing and uncomfortable moments on set, including the wild sex scenes of her former show Californication and having to tell a director she wasn’t comfortable with nudity when she was only 15 years old.
More roundtables featuring comedy and drama actresses, actors, showrunners and reality creators will continue through July in print and online. Tune in to new episodes of Close Up With The Hollywood Reporter starting May 25 on Sundance TV, and look for clips at THR.com/topic/roundtables with full episodes on THR.com after broadcast.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day