- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
As the deadline to file taxes nears, several Hollywood names are among those on a list of people who owe taxes.
A new California law which went into effect on Jan. 1 requires income tax authorities to publish the names and amounts owed by the 500 biggest income-tax delinquents.
Cnet co-founder Halsey M. Minor tops California’s updated list. He and his wife, the Los Angeles Times reports, owe the state $10.5 million.
Others on the list included former Baywatch star Pamela Anderson, who owes $524,241 in income taxes, Girls Gone Wild’s Joe Francis, who owes $794,000, and professional boxer James Toney, who owes $354,000. It was reported by the Wall Street Journal last year that Anderson is expected to clear her lien by the end of 2012. The AP reports music legend Lionel Richie owes $1.1 million in unpaid taxes, and has been warned assets may be seized if he does not pay.
Filmmaker and actor Nick Cassavetes was also identified as owing $274,000. Lamont Dozier, who was part of the 1960s Motown songwriting team, Holland-Dozer-Holland, was listed as owing $2.9 million in taxes.
A new state law requires the names of people owing more than $100,000 in taxes be made public. All told, the 500 names listed owe California $233 million.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day