- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – The U.K. anti-piracy search engine Findanyfilm.com has teamed with Paramount Pictures U.K. to make an exclusive anti-piracy trailer for Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues ahead of its Dec. 20 British rollout.
The comedy trailer sees Will Ferrell in character as the legendary TV news anchorman Ron Burgundy, encouraging viewers to play fair when it comes to their “evening’s entertainment” and when making sure it’s “the real thing.”
But after discovering it’s a message supporting film, Burgundy ends up questioning the “breaking news special report,” asking: “Is this film piracy, for that shimmering pretender to television’s crown?”
He goes on to exclaim he thought he was delivering a message to the “young bucks” by giving them the benefit of his wisdom on “the best way to get a solid serving of gentlemen’s relish at a reasonable rate.”
The U.K. exclusive trailer will begin airing in British cinemas on Friday.
Findanyfilm.com is backed by the Industry Trust, the British film and TV industry body, and is supported by everyone from the U.S. studios to retailers and TV banners.
Watch the trailer below.