- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Parker Posey and Hugh Dancy are the latest actors to join Showtime’s dark comedy, The Big C.
Both will guest star in the upcoming second season of the series, set to premiere June 27.
Posey will appear in four episodes as Poppy, an older woman who develops an unlikely relationship with Cathy’s teenaged son Adam (Gabriel Basso).
Dancy will appear in at least six episodes in the role of Lee, a charming cancer patient who, after a rocky start, befriends Cathy (Laura Linney) during their time in an experimental drug trial.
They join recently announced guest star Alan Alda, who plays Dr. Atticus Sherman, Cathy’s oncologist.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Bachelor’ Creator Mike Fleiss Responds to Report of Investigation Into Racial Discrimination Amid Show Exit
The Drew Barrymore Show
Jason Ritter Reflects on How Alcoholism Battle Impacted Early Relationship With Melanie Lynskey
‘The Power’ Review: Toni Collette and John Leguizamo in an Amazon Sci-Fi Thriller Full of Untapped Potential