- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Cooper Barrett’s Guide to Surviving Life is adding a few familiar faces.
Parker Young (Suburgatory) and Lyndon Smith (Parenthood) are set to appear on the freshman Fox comedy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The single-camera comedy, which stars Jack Cutmore-Scott (Kingsman: The Secret Service) and Meaghan Rath (New Girl), explores the misadventures people have after college but before they settle down.
Young will play the extremely competitive Shane. Whether it’s in spin class or in relationships, he is all about winning. Shane and Kelly (Rath) meet at the gym and immediately hit it off.
Smith will play Lena, one of Cooper’s (Cutmore-Scott) ex-girlfriends who finds her way back into his life when he accidentally attends her art exhibit which includes a very embarrassing old photo of Cooper.
Young’s other credits include Enlisted and upcoming roles on Arrow and the Melissa McCarthy comedy Michelle Darnell. He is repped by Gersh and David Dean Management.
Smith recently recurred on Extant and is currently a series regular on TNT’s Public Morals. She is repped by Buchwald and Main Title.
Created by writer Jay Lacopo, Cooper Barrett’s Guide to Surviving Life hails from 20th Century Fox Television and Gail Berman‘s The Jackal Group. The comedy is set to bow midseason on Fox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day