- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC’s The Gates has added two leading men to its ranks.
Based on the hit British comedy, Gates revolves around the parents and staff who navigate the twice-daily social landmine that exists at the school drop-off gates of an elementary school.
Marino will play Mark, a lovable sweet and well-meaning puppy dog of a guy married to type-A personality Helen (Episodes‘ Kathleen Rose Perkins). He’s described as a type-A — or B, C or D — personality who has his own construction business and has a more flexible schedule than his wife, meaning he’ll be able to spend more time at the school.
Mandvi will play Trevor, a Yale-educated lawyer described as a driven “superdad” to two similarly competitive kids who gives Mark and Helen an inferiority complex. Christina Kirk plays his wife, Sarah.
The King of Queens duo Cathy Yuspa and Josh Goldsmith will write and executive produce the 20th Television single-camera comedy.
Marino, whose credits include Childrens Hospital and Wet Hot American Summer, is repped by Paradigm, IFA and Principato Young. Mandvi, whose résumé includes the upcoming Movie 43 and Jericho, is with ICM Partners and Sweet180.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day