- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Patricia Arquette and Ben Stiller are continuing their creative partnership.
Arquette will star in a comedy series called High Desert for Apple TV+, with Stiller set to direct the first episode. Both will be executive producers of the show, which the tech giant has ordered to series.
High Desert, from creators Nancy Fichman, Katie Ford and Jennifer Hoppe, is the third series — and second for Apple — that Arquette and Stiller have worked on together. Both earned Emmy nominations (Arquette for acting, Stiller for directing) for Showtime’s Escape at Dannemora. They’re also collaborating on Apple’s workplace thriller Severance in the same roles: Arquette starring, Stiller directing and both serving as EPs.
High Desert centers on Peggy (Arquette), a former addict who decides to make a new start after the death of her beloved mother, with whom she lived in the small desert town of Yucca Valley, California. Peggy makes a life-changing decision to become a private investigator.
Apple Studios is producing the show. Arquette and Stiller (via his Red Hour Films) executive produce with Fichman (Nurse Jackie, Damages), Ford (the Miss Congeniality movies) and Hoppe (Nurse Jackie), Red Hour’s Nicky Weinstock, and Molly Madden and Tom Lassally of 3 Arts Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day