- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Patricia Arquette has been cast as the star of ready-to-wear, plus-size womenswear brand Marina Rinaldi’s fall campaign.
The black-and-white ads, photographed by Bruce Weber, promote the brand’s “Women Are Back” statement, which focuses on “providing choices for women of all sizes and ages,” Lynne Webber, managing director of Marina Rinaldi, told WWD. (The campaign showing Arquette at home, surrounded by kids and teens, can be seen here.)
The Italian luxury label chose Arquette as its new campaign star because “she embodies all values, she is beautiful and successful, and she has shown she has the courage to stand up against the psychological pressures, even more so in her role as an actress, and accept the natural evolution,” according to the brand. Indeed, the Oscar winner wasn’t afraid to speak her mind during this past awards season, advocating for both wage equality and women’s rights.
The Boyhood actress is no stranger to Marina Rinaldi, either, recently having worn looks by the label at the Taormina Film Festival, as well as the Golden Nymph Awards. Said Arquette: “What I love about Marina Rinaldi is how much they care about women, about making them all feel beautiful, powerful, confident.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day