- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The network has handed out a series commitment to the multicamera comedy Carol’s Second Act, in which Heaton would star and executive produce.
The project revolves around Carol Chambers (Heaton), who, after raising her two children and retiring from teaching, embarks on a unique second act: She’s going to become a doctor.
Trophy Wife creators Emily Halpern and Sarah Haskins will pen the script and exec produce the comedy alongside Heaton and David Hunt’s FourBoys Entertainment banner’s Adam Griffin and Rebecca Stay. Aaron Kaplan and Dana Honor of Kapital Entertainment will also exec produce.
The project, which despite the massive penalty attached will still need a formal series order before it makes it to air, stems from an August pod deal Heaton and Hunt’s FourBoys signed with producers CBS Television Studios, which is where Kapital is also housed.
Carol’s Second Act brings Heaton back to CBS after she won three Emmys for Everybody Loves Raymond. The series marks her follow-up role to ABC’s The Middle, which wrapped its run last season.
Deadline first reported the news.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day