- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Patrick Burkey was been named executive producer of NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams.
The news was widely reported yesterday when the news division announced that Bob Epstein, who led the broadcast for two and a half years, would head to the specials unit. Burkey, a longtime NBC News producer, has been overseeing the weekend editions of Nightly News and Today. Previously he worked as a senior producer on Nightly News.
“Pat Burkey has played a pivotal role at NBC News for years,” said NBC News president Steve Capus in a statement. “His diligent and dynamic work propelled weekend Today and weekend Nightly into phenomenal successes, and I know his return to NBC Nightly News will not only continue the broadcast’s reign at number one, but will take it to new heights.”
Burkey has been at NBC News since 1995, when he produced the overnight newscast at NBC NewsChannel. He first worked with Williams at MSNBC, where he produced Williams’ primetime news hour.
“We’re replacing a friend with a friend, a news veteran with a news veteran,” added Williams. “Bob Epstein has led the broadcast brilliantly — and Pat is a much-loved member of the family. Everyone gets to move up — and that’s great news for everyone at NBC News.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day