- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox is looking for a new family comedy.
The network has handed out a script commitment to comedy Like Father, Like Son, from Paul Ruehl, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
See more Faces of Fall 2014
Taking place in the present and the past, single-camera comedy Like Father, Like Son centers on a father and husband’s epic quest to make sure his own son is less screwed up than he is — without anything guiding him but the crazy roadmap of his own childhood. The comedy, which Ruehl will write and exec produce, takes place in the past and the present and hails from 20th Century Fox Television.
For Ruehl, whose credits include The Hard Times of RJ Berger and Disney’s Joans, this marks the third broadcast sale in as many years and the second in three years to Fox. He also recently sold feature All Day and a Night to Relativity Studios, with the late Lester Lewis writing the prison-set action comedy that follows a TV news crew doing a story on the lives of two prison guards when a riot strands them all inside the prison. He’s repped by Paradigm, Madhouse Entertainment and Morris Yorn.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day