- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Paula Deen‘s forthcoming cookbook, Paula Deen’s New Testament, has surged past best-sellers by the likes of Dan Brown, Stephen King and Game of Thrones writer George R.R. Martin to take the top spot on Amazon’s sales charts.
The book charted in the 1,500s on Monday and by Wednesday it was at No. 18.
The Southern TV cook has faced widespread outrage and dwindling endorsement deals since a deposition was released last week in which she admitted to using a racial slur for African-Americans in the past, and discussed her wish to mount a “true Southern plantation-style” wedding.
Scheduled to hit shelves on Oct. 15, the book is Deen’s first with Random House. Another Deen cookbook, 2011’s Paula Deen’s Southern Cooking Bible, currently resides at No. 7 on the best-sellers list.
In addition, five of the Top 10 books on the Amazon’s movers and shakers list of books that have jumped the most in the past 24 hours are Deen-related.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Next Big Thing
The Morning Show