- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The 71st annual Peabody Award winners were announced on Wednesday, with honors concentrated on brave journalism in the midst of revolutions and TV series that reflect society’s struggles.
The prestigious awards, administered by the University of Georgia, was given to reporters at CBS, NPR, CNN and Al Jazeera English for on-location work done in Egypt and Syria; CNN also was honored for its CNN Heroes: An All-Star Tribute, and Fareed Zakaria was lauded for his coverage of America’s education crisis and his commentary on Iran. ABC won an award for its coverage of a scandal in the Peace Corps.
PBS won several awards for documentaries and specials, including American Experience and POV: My Perestroika.
On the entertainment side, Showtime’s Homeland and the documentary Rebirth received awards, as did HBO’s Game of Thrones and Treme. NBC’s Parks and Recreation was similarly honored. Stephen Colbert‘s take on Super PACs earned him a Peabody, while the game show Jeopardy! took one as well.
For a complete list, click over to the Peabody Awards’ website.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day