- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
The first footage from The Penguin streaming series has been revealed by Max (the new name for HBO Max).
Below, Oscar winner Colin Farrell is once again nearly unrecognizable as the Gotham City mobster in this spinoff from Matt Reeves’ The Batman film.
The eight-episode DC Studios drama series had its first look revealed Wednesday during Warner Bros. Discovery’s unveiling of the Max streaming service on the Warner Bros. lot in Los Angeles.
The previously announced cast includes Cristin Milioti, Rhenzy Feliz, Michael Kelly, Shohreh Aghdashloo and Deirdre O’Connell, with Clancy Brown and Michael Zegen recurring.
The series is executive produced by Reeves, Dylan Clark, Farrell, Lauren LeFranc (who writes and serves as showrunner), Craig Zobel (who directs the first three episodes) and Bill Carraro.
The show is produced in association with Warner Bros. Television, where Reeves and 6th & Idaho are under an overall deal. 6th & Idaho’s Daniel Pipski also serves as executive producer and Rafi Crohn is co-executive producer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Ted Lasso’ Star Brendan Hunt on Hints of a Ted and Rebecca Romance in Season 3, Possible Spinoff: “Everything Is Possible”
The Young and the Restless
Molly Wolveck, Mother of ‘Young and the Restless’ Star Kate Linder, Dies at 98
‘Jury Duty,’ ‘The Rehearsal’ and ‘Paul T. Goldman’: When Comedy’s at the Expense of Unsuspecting People